Responsible for the monitoring of the machine process parameters. Documents all process changes and updates process documentation. Ability to clearly communicate tooling & machine issues to supervisor. Ensures a safe working environment. Performs mold setups efficiently and effectively, maintains expected setup costs. Requires a working knowledge and practice of decoupled molding techniques. Inspects parts for any defects or quality issues. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
An Altek Maintenance Journeyman is responsible for maintaining a variety of industrial machinery and plant equipment. Employee filling this position needs to be a dependable, flexible professional that performs well both independently or as part of a team, and must maintain an excellent safety and attendance record.
Entry Level Requirements:
• AA Degree, Apprenticeship/Journeyman Certification or Military experience in field of expertise (i.e. welding, mechanic or electrician)
• Must have basic maintenance skills and knowledge pertaining to the individual journeyman’s field of expertise.
• Must meet all physical requirements of the position
Knowledge in the following areas is preferable:
1. Basic maintenance safety
2. Blueprint reading
3. Advance math
4. Basic & Advance electricity
5. Basic & Advance electronics
6. Basic microprocessors & digital theory
7. Basic & Advance mechanical repair
8. Basic hydraulic & pneumatic theory
9. Basic HVAC
10. Basic & Advance welding
11. Basic carpentry
12. Computer operation (i.e. email, up & downloading, web research, etc.)
Starting Wage: DOE
Machine Operator - Mold Shop - Part Time/Full Time
Machine Operators tend and/or operate a variety of plastic molding machines in the plastic injection mold department. High School Diploma or GED required. Position requires dexterity and ability to stand for extended periods. Positions start as part-time (up to 32 hrs./week) with conversion to full-time possible as sustainable positions become available. Please click the link below for complete job description and to apply. PLEASE ALSO ADD A NOTE AT THE END OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS TO LET US KNOW HOW YOU BECAME AWARE OF THIS OPEN POSITION, I.E. OUR WEBSITE, CRAIGSLIST AD, CURRENT/FORMER EMPLOYEE AT ALTEK (PROVIDE NAME), ETC. - THANK YOU!